Sunday, May 25, 2008

Weekend At Wanakee

It is amazing to me how much I can actually LOVE a place. The minute I get anywhere near Wanakee, I am incredibly happy. As I was driving up on Saturday morning, my first sight of the lake and the island made me break into a huge smile. I feel so lucky to have this place be such an important part of my life. Jean and I walked down to the waterfront this morning and were talking about how it just does our hearts good to be there and, for me, having Jean and Mike there makes it even better. I spent Saturday helping Jean out with Work Day - we cooked lunch for the volunteers and just did some general work around camp. I'm hoping to spend as much time as possible up at camp during the month of June. It gives me a chance to be at my favorite place on the planet AND spend time with Jean, Mike and the kids, some of my favorite people. So look for many more Wanakee pictures and posts to follow. Life is good at Wanakee!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And Michelle, it does us good to hear the joy and peace in your "voice" as you share. Love you, Paul and Pat