Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Eggplant Parmesan
As most of you know, I am not a good cook at all. I wish I enjoyed it, but I just don't. I appreciate good food, but I have no desire to create it myself. However, yesterday I was inspired. Actually, it was thanks to my brother, who knows how much I love eggplant parmesan and planted eggplant in his garden this year so I could have it. He was very proud of the eggplant and anxious to cut it and give it to me, so we harvested it the other day, which meant I needed to do something with it. So last night I made eggplant parmesan from Marc's fresh, organic eggplant and it was great!! I was so surprised and pleased that it turned out so well. My mom was down at the cottage and I think she was a little nervous about eating it, but she ended up loving it too. I wish I had taken a picture of my creation, but we were hungry and just dug in. I don't think I am going to turn into a cook by any stretch of the imagination, but it is nice to finally discover something I can make, and that I actually enjoying making.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds delicious. I have been enjoying local organic eggplant myself the past few days!
One of my first memories of you, is you eating eggplant parm in Mr Adam's office. I chided you for being a vegetarian and then you made me try a bite. That was the first time that I ever had eggplant. And although I still don't prefer it, I did become a vegetarian! So, jokes on me huh?
Post a Comment