Okay, I know I am WAY behind on updating my blog, so I decided to start with the most recent things and work my way back.
Barack Obama was speaking today at the Bangor Auditorium and my mom and I decided to go. We were told the doors would open at 2:30, so we got there around 2:15, expecting to maybe have to wait a little while, but not long. We were so wrong! When we arrived, the line stretched around the auditorium, down Main Street, and up the street that runs beside the auditorium for at least 6 blocks. It took us 10 minutes to walk to the end of the line. It was really exciting to see all those people there, especially since I didn't know how many to expect. We waited in line for an hour, at which point we had made it down to Main Street, but were still a ways from the entrance to the auditorium. The people in line behind us got a phone call from someone inside who told them that the auditorium was completely full and that Obama would probably be coming out to address the crowd outside. As much as I wanted to hear him, it was FREEZING and Mom and I had not dressed appropriately, so we were really cold. We decided to ditch our effort and go get warm. When we left the line, we saw that it still stretched forever and that there were still people lining up. It really was a neat thing to see all these people out to be a part of this. It made me feel good about the democratic process and the fact that people were inspired enough by this man to stand in the cold for hours to pack into an auditorium to hear him speak for a few minutes. When we got home, I found out that there were 10,000 people there today - 7,500 in the auditorium and 2,500 outside. Pretty impressive!!
I've been doing some more research on Obama, since I am really intrigued and inspired by him. I found this great video on YouTube that you should check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fZHou18Cdk
If you can't click on the link (I'm not so computer savvy with the links, so it may not be there), then go to YouTube and type in "Yes We Can Obama Song by will.i.am".
I'll be honest, it is pretty exciting to actually be excited about politics in America right now. It has been a long time since I have felt this way. Whoever you are supporting and decide to vote for, I hope you are feeling the same way too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment