Wednesday, March 28, 2007
tofu
Apparantly it is very difficult to get tofu in Lima. I've been asking Vilma, my wonderful maid who takes great care of me, to make me food with tofu in it for weeks and she always apologizes that she can't find it. Well today, in the middle of my Spanish lesson, Reada's maid Lupe showed up at my apartment with the biggest block of tofu I have ever seen. Lupe and Vilma are friends and, from what I could get of Lupe explaining to me in Spanish, Lupe was able to find some tofu somewhere, but it is very hard to get and she can't get it all the time. So, at least for this week, I will have tofu to my heart's content. I can't wait for Vilma to come on Friday and make me something yummy with it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
TOFU!!! Michelle you can have ALL of my allotment of Tofu - I just wish we were closer to hand it over the back fence. Miss you, Pat
Post a Comment